Physics of Matter group (struttura)
The virtually infinite rearrangements of matter, together with micro/nano-structuring, continue to challenge the research aimed at the development of innovative composites and materials, characterised by tailored properties of both fundamental and applicative interest. In the group we face some of these challenges using both theoretical and experimental methods. We are interested in extended systems (solids, liquids, soft matter) in thermodynamic equilibrium, but also in nanoaggregates and out-of-equilibrium phenomena, such as friction and atomic dissipation. We carry out forefront research on interaction of matter with radiation, including different spectroscopies, and we develop new theoretical models and experimental methods.
- Contact person
- Research interests
- Ab initio Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy
- Computational Biophysics
- Fluctuations and Pattern Formation in Fluids
- Magnetic Properties of Surfaces, Fermi Surface 3D Tomography...
- Magnetism, Superconductivity and Nanometric Systems
- Molecular beams and Nanostructured Materials
- Optics and light Scattering Lab
- Quantum Gases, Fluids and Solids
- Soft Matter
- Statistical Materials Modeling
We organize open 1-day workshops where we present and discuss our research: